Dear St. Paul's Family,
This coming Sunday ushers in the most important week in the church calendar: Holy Week. It is a week that takes us from the jubilation of Palm Sunday, to the agony of the Cross, and back again to the victory of Easter. I pray you will join us on March 29, Palm Sunday, as we launch the "bridge to Easter."
- Pastor Mark will be preaching from Psalm 118: The Palm Sunday Psalm. It contains the words, "Save us (Hosanna), Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" quoted by the crowds on Palm Sunday. The sermon is called: A Song of Deliverance.
- Pastor Dan, Andrew and Mark will participate in a dramatic reading in both services.
- In the first service, the choir has a special Palm Sunday anthem, and the congregation joins the choir in the opening hymn.
- In the second service, 5 students will be confirmed in their faith, and welcomed into church membership. Here are their names and scripture verses:
Molly Ann Crawford Baptized 09/30/2001 John 8:12
Leanne Michelle Davis Baptized 08/26/2001 Ephesians 2:8-9
Samantha Fuxu Kraus Baptized 11/25/12 Isaiah 43:1-2
Danielle Elizabeth Walter Baptized 08/19/01 Isaiah 41:10
PLEASE REMEMBER THREE THINGS THIS SUNDAY:
- Please sign up to pray for the Good Friday Prayer Vigil.
- Please return your Easter Eggs for the Egg Hunt. If you bring them on Easter, it will be too late.
- Please plan to attend worship on Good Friday. We have a very special service planned.
Pastor Mark Friz