Life Team is a group of (spiritually) rescued people equipping other (spiritually) rescued people to (physically and spiritually) rescue people. The Life Team is interested in a variety of issues where defenseless human beings are being put in peril, including infertility (crisis) pregnancy, abortion, parenting, adoption, foster care, elder care, and bioethics. A “pro-life” church is interested in people at all stages of life, including the unborn, orphans, those with special needs, the elderly, and those at the end of life. Life Team is affiliated with Churches for Life.
Our next meeting will be on January 22 at 7:00 pm. Anyone is welcome to attend to learn what the Life Team is all about. For more information, you may contact Barbara van Dyk at 314-610-3578.
The ThriVe playpen continues to need donations of baby diapers and wipes. They can be placed in the playpen located in the hallway on the lower level. Thanks for your support.
- Sanctity of Human Life Sunday is coming up on January 21, 2018. During the Adult Bible class, at 9:45, we will have a special speaker, Carolyn Kuntz, RN; Medical Center Manager, St. Charles MO, and Regional Trainer for ThriVe, to talk with us about all the services that ThriVe offers. There will also be a question / answer time at the end. Please plan to attend this special presentation on January 21st between services.
- What happened to the baby bottles?” This is a question we have heard a lot this year. A decision was made that in lieu of passing out baby bottles to provide funding for Thrive ultrasounds, we would have a special Adult Bible Fellowship hour on Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, January 21. We came to realize that many of our members are unaware of the scope of services provided by Thrive (pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, STD testing, Parent University, Thrive Inn, Alternative to Abortion, referral services…all without cost to the patients). Please note: A special offering to benefit Thrive will be taken on Sunday, January 28, and this offering will replace the funds normally collected with the baby bottles. Place your giving in a pew envelope or mark your check “Thrive.” If you are not able to attend on this Sunday, checks may be mailed to the church office. Thank you from your Life Team.
Ministries Supported by St. Paul's Life Team
- Thrive St. Louis - ThriVe St. Louis is a Christ-centered organization that empowers people to make life-affirming and healthy decisions about sex, pregnancy and relationships. ThriVe St. Louis celebrates and promotes the value and potential of human life by changing the conversation about sex in our culture, helping teenagers make the Best decision about sex and empowering women facing unplanned pregnancies to make life affirming choices.
- The Salvation Army - Family Haven - Family Haven provides emergency shelter for single women and homeless families. The facility has 74 beds and is capable of sheltering individuals for 120 days with a goal of placing the families into stable secure housing with an extensive follow-up program.
- Bethany Christian Services - Bethany is a not-for-profit, child-placing agency with more than 60 years of delivering compassionate, professional services. Bethany Christian Services manifests the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting and enhancing the lives of children and families through quality social services. From Adoption Services, to Shepherding Homes, and Pregnancy Counseling, these are just a few of the important services that Bethany provides. We invite you to become involved in our ministry through any of our programs, teams and committees.
Starting your own Life Team
A Life Team is the best way to equip your church to rescue people with the joy of the gospel. With God's help, Churches for Life has been building Life Teams in all kinds of churches for years. Visit their website to get started Building a Life Team in your Church.