This Sunday we will be celebrating Confirmation Sunday. Four of our students, Carly Caesar, Jack Caesar, Camila del Cid, and Amy Sohn will be presenting their confirmation speeches in both services. Please come and support these great students!
Saturday, March 17th - Pray for the 600 Easter Invitations being delivered to our neighbors
Monday, March 19th, at 7:00 p.m. - Pastor Andrew presents on his recent trip to Haiti - Room 5
Friday, March 30th - Prayer Vigil 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Tennebrae Service at 7:15 p.m.
Easter Sunday, April 1st:
--Easter Sunrise Service - 6:40 a.m.
--Easter Breakfast - 7:15 a.m.
--Worship at 8:30
--Family Easter hour and Glow-in-the-Dark Easter Egg Hunt 9:45 a.m.
--Worship at 11:00
Pastor Andrew Seley
Lead Pastor of Discipleship
Dear St. Paul's Family,
First of all, don't forget that we lose one hour this weekend, and you will need to "Spring Forward" one hour on Saturday night in order to start Daylight Saving Time on Sunday, March 11.
Pastor Brian will continue our series, "Exile: a Story of Redemption," with a message from Ezekiel 1 called, "The Incredible Glory of God." This is the famous passage where Ezekiel sees the "Wheel of God."
- In the first service, the Chorale sings, "And Can It Be", arranged by Dan Forrest.
- In the second service, we sing a combination of hymns, psalms and spiritual songs.
It's time also to think about Holy Week. Here is the schedule:
- 3/30: Good Friday Prayer Vigil, 6 am to 6 pm
- 3/30: Good Friday Tenebrae, 7:15 pm
- 4/1: Easter Sunrise 6:40 to 7:00 am--NEW. A simple service of scripture readings and hymns, held at th e cemetery cross. Bring a chair if you wish to sit!
- 4/1: Easter Breakfast 7:15 am
- 4/1: Traditional Worship, 8:30 am
- 4/1: Family Easter Hour, 9:45 am (A Glow-in-the Dark Easter Egg Hunt for Preschool to 6th Grade, Family Activities, Program, Breakfast)
- 4/1: Acoustic Worship, 11:00 am
Sign up this Sunday for the Neighborhood Bag Drop on Saturday, March 17, 9:00 am. Usually only takes about 1 hour for each volunteer to make the drop.
A Handicapped Sticker was dropped on our church parking lot. The number is E115435. Please call the church office if this belongs to you.
Grace, mercy and peace in Christ Jesus,
Pastor Mark Friz
Greetings Church Family!
This week, Pastor Andrew preaches on Jeremiah 29:1-14, "The Mission Advances."
Here's what else to look forward to:
1. March 17 - Bag Drop. 8:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. We are inviting our neighbors in the Indian Meadows neighborhood to St. Paul's for our Easter celebrations. We need people to drop off "gift bags" - the sign up sheet is in the Welcome Center.
2. March 18 - Presentation Sunday. Both services. The confirmation class students present the result of their studies over the past two years on March 18. Jack and Carly Caesar, Amy Sohn, and Camila del Cid will give their speeches, and both 8th graders will give their public profession of faith!
3. March 21 - Christ in the Passover. 7:15 p.m. Chaim Birnbaum from Jews for Jesus is going to lead our Wednesday night service, showing the connections between the traditional Passover Meal and Jesus. This is an educational, powerful, and spiritually uplifting service that focuses on the work of Christ for us.
Also, send a word of encouragement to someone in need of an uplifting word with the "Encouragement Cards" located in the front room by the Welcome Center.
God bless you all!
Dear Church Family,
- Family Game Afternoon (Saturday, February 24th, 3:00-5:00)
: The whole family is invited to play Tenzi! We will also provide special station activities for preschoolers. Please bring a snack to share.
- Focus Moved to Friday, March 2nd: Youth group will participate in a gospel production by Youth With a Mission.
- Elders Offering Prayer: Are you dealing with a serious or chronic illness? The Elders would be honored to pray over you and anoint you with oil in keeping with James 5:14-15.
- Invite a Neighbor to Church (Saturday, March 17): The Outreach team will be doing an Easter invitation bag drop to Indian Meadows. Sign ups begin March 4th.